KLAW is a Miami-based restaurant/venue located at 1737 N Bayshore Dr., Miami, FL 33132.
Definition of Personal Information
Florida law defines “Personal Information” as an individual’s first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements for that individual:
- A social security number;
- A driver license or other government document used to verify identity;
- A financial account number or credit or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that is necessary to permit access to an individual’s financial account;
- A user name or e-mail address, in combination with a password or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account; or
- Any other categories identified as “Personal Information” under Florida law.
“Personal Information” does not include information about an individual that has been made publicly available by a federal, state, or local governmental entity. The term also does not include information that is encrypted, secured, or modified by any other method or technology that removes elements that personally identify an individual or that otherwise renders the information unusable.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information when you:
- book a reservation
- visit a restaurant
- make an inquiry
- sign up for marketing emails
- use our website (such as to make inquiries or make a reservation, etc.)
What type of information is collected from you?
Below are the different types of information that KLAW may collect from you:
I. When you make a booking:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
- home or work address
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
- telephone number
- company name
- dietary requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
II. When you dine at KLAW:
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses
- current and past restaurant reservation details
III. When you access our Website:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by KLAW. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy
- we also may receive your generic location (such as city or neighborhood).
IV. When you apply for a position with KLAW:
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information may include:
- personal details
- employment details
- salary history
- other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at email@example.com.
How is your information used?
We use the information we collect about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback)
- Improve our products and services
- Send marketing communications
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- Profiling: We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Who has access to your information?
KLAW shall take reasonable measures to protect and secure data containing Personal Information in electronic form. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties.
We will only share your information with third parties if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. Opentable for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to operate our Website and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise provided by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognize you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
- Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Changes to this statement